Respite In-Home Care is temporary care to provide family caregivers relief from the full-time care they have been providing for a loved one. Caregiving is a demanding job and no one should have to do it alone. Our respite care can provide home health care, giving family caregivers a well deserved break.
How does it work?
At Steadfast Home Care in the greater Northern Virginia area, respite care can be arranged on a temporary basis with no obligation to continue home services once we are no longer needed. Respite Services can be for a few hours, part of a day, overnight care, several days or even weeks. Contacting us for respite services enables your loved one to remain in their own home while they continue to receive care. This can be invaluable for you, as the primary caregiver.
Our caregivers are available to assist with Home Care Assistance such as meal preparation, shopping, and housekeeping. We can also provide Personal Care services which assist with daily living activities such such as bathing, toileting, dressing, or feeding.
A Comprehensive Approach to Helping You
Some Situations Where You May Need Respite Care
- Time to Rest and Recharge: Family caregivers are often reluctant to take a break, fearing that their loved one will need them when they’re not available. Our respite care provides reliable care for your loved one, allowing you to take the time required to rest and recharge.
- Family Caregiver needs to travel: You may be going out of town and need to have a qualified set of eyes for your loved one.
- Responsibility Overload: The primary caregiver may be tasked with other responsibilities which prevent having enough time to spend caring for their loved one. Steadfast Home Care Services of Mclean is here to give you a helping hand!
- Transitioning to a Care Facility: Sometimes families make the descision to transition to a facility. It helps to begin the process of facility living with a gradual transition. Having our team work with the client is a way to ease them into getting accustomed to a caregiver that is not their family member.
- Family Caregiver Burnout: Caring for a loved one requires a lot of patience. If you do notice that your is patience wearing thin, becoming upset or frustrated more easily than you normally would, you could be experiencing caregiver burnout. Time to call us! 703-946-1664
We offer our respite home health care services in the greater Northern Virginia area. (Mclean, Tysons Corner, Vienna, Arlington, Falls Church and environs).
Your local team of Client Care Managers are available to answer any questions you have about Respite Care in the Northern Virginia area.
Our Respite Care Services
With 24/7, around-the-clock care, a caregiver is always watching over your loved one, offering emotional support, reducing fall risk and assisting in all activities of daily living including but not limited to: